1. In a dream, Joseph was commanded to take Mary as his wife. (Matthew 1:20)
2. In a dream, Joseph was commanded to flee to Egypt with the infant Jesus. (Matthew 2:13)
3. In a dream, God warned the wise men not to return to Herod. (Matthew 2:12)
4. By a dream did Joseph know when he would return to Nazareth. (Matthew 2:19)
If you remove these dreams in the New Testament it would be a huge gap. Dreams is comes sometimes when God pour out of His spirit, even today.
I think sustained prayer and intense search for Gods intimacy will bring us into divine dreams and visions. I have noticed that God often came to me in pictures / visions when I was with him in deep intimacy when I was young and even today.
There are many who have become spiritual pregnant after a divine dream or an open vision. I know those who have had strong experiences, but where they also feel they have to be careful with whom they share it with. I think it makes sense! I myself have sometimes shared strong experiences with the "wrong" people, and they just stamped me as "the extreme spiritual one". You become deeply sad and also feel sorry for these people who "just" want consumption in their Christian life and are not willing to let God speak in different ways.
I have a vision of Sweden and Europé. What I experienced in September 1994 has carried me through the years. I can not compare myself with anyone else. They are those who have much more experience and more knowledge than I, but I'm confident with what God has entrusted to me and the calling that God has given me. God has called us all to have a dream and to live in a dream.
Paul had a vision in which he met Jesus on the Damascus road. Peter received a vision in order to reach a new area. Paul was called to Macedonia through a vision. Sometimes we get a blazing image of our inner being. It can be done with or without involved conscious thoughts. It may even occur when we are not at all in any particular spiritual mood.
I think many of us have ignored when God has appeared in dreams and visions.
There are attacks:
- That we should believe that it is our own thoughts.
- That it is too fast and simple solutions in our dreams
- We believe that it can not be God because we were not in deep prayer and fasting when God came with the sight / vision.
But God can actually give us detailed information and revelation through dreams, visions and visions. Ananias did get to know exactly how he would do. Paul saw the really Jesus on the Damascus road. Stephen saw Jesus standing on the right hand. This dimension I long to hear a little more of. I would encourage you to seek a deeper communion with the Holy Spirit and His language. He still speaks in the same way.
He has not changed and will never do it. Make yourself accessible for the Spirit of God. Try dreams through God's Word and let the visions and visions that you experience to pass the Word of God in which you try it you received. God's Spirit will lead you. Rely more on God's Word and the Holy Spirit than on the people who will be envious and perhaps will try to control and "lead" you.
God speaks to nations. God has always spoken to the nations, to areas and regions.
It is no coincidence that some nations are experiencing a strong revival times. It is no coincidence that the some places experiencing special visitation times where many get saved, healed and restored. It is no coincidence that the show churches are experiencing times of refreshing and renewal. It is no coincidence that some families are healthy and spiritually strong.
It is no coincidence that some places are like spiritual dumps. It is no coincidence that some congregations are dead. It is no coincidence that you have fruit in your life. There is only the spiritual law of sowing and reaping! And the law is valid for all of us. There is no room for anything else.
We should equip ourselves with the right uniform and take responsibility for the nations. God wants us to have a broader perspective than our own little vegetable garden. God wants you to bring back the vision and the need for our nation. God wants you to see into dreamland and see in the Holy Spirit what is not there as if it already existed. It will transform your life. The way to a transformed nation does not go through the entertainment mentality. No, it goes through boldness, humility, vocation awareness, radically living, but with depth and great love, generosity, spiritual freedom and so on. Yes, the list could be long.
I remember when I started as a "young" evangelist and had been marked by the Holy Spirit. I remember I was on fire so I did not know where I would do it. I was in a minor context and we started with the revival meetings. I had met God so powerful. I believe to this day that no one understood the change that my life got in a few hours, completely changed by the power of God. But at the same time when I I was responsible for those evenings that also started a resistance. It may not always explicit, but sometimes it was so. I remember how I cried together with the Holy Spirit because the people did not understand, neither me nor what God said. They did not want to get spiritual pregnant, and they certainly did not have a greater perspective on what God wanted to do. They did not want to come close to the Holy Spirit, because it was a risk for them to be changed, and they did not wanted that.
I have often in my ministry met with those who are fully occupied with his own introverted things. I have met those who believe that the earth's axis goes up just to the left of their right foot! But I am convinced in my heart that it is a new time going on right now. Today I see how many rising up in a new apostolic strength and who have a desire to get hold of the vision for the nation. Our Europe is bleeding and we can not afford anything other than to follow the Spirit's wind over our lives, our families and congregations.
There are forces today in the Body of Christ who say that there's nothing different now than before. I do not really know what spiritual dish they have set up, but it seems that it is not working. There is a generation where many have left us, who took a huge responsibility for our nations. They prayed, they organized prayer retreats, prayernights and they pray until it was a breakthrough.
Are you ready o catch the dream from God? ¨